MTN Pure + Brake Ski Binding
At ten ounces, the MTN Pure + Brake Binding is the lightest backcountry binding from Salomon, and is certainly one of the lightest options on the market. It weighs the same as the brakeless option, and definitely proves its worth if you’ve ever seen a ski careen down the mountain. Salomon added step-in aids to make it easier to clip into the tech pins, and the heel piece includes two heel elevators for steep-skinning assistance. These features make the binding applicable for beginning backcountry skiers, but advanced mountaineers will still appreciate the binding’s overall lightness. Like most tech bindings, the MTN Pure’s toe piece locks into place for the uphill, and unlocks to give some release should you go head over heels on the downhill.
- Salomon’s lightest backcountry bindings with brakes
- Tech compatibility includes step-in aids for easier clipping in
- Heel piece includes two heel elevators for steep skin tracks
- Toe piece locks in for uphill travel and unlocks for downhill
- Material: aluminum
- Boot Compatibility: tech
- Brake Width: 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm
- Stand Height: 30mm
- Heel Elevators: 2
- Claimed Weight: 10oz
- Recommended Use: backcountry touring, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty: 5 years
There are no reviews yet.