Why We Like The QST 106 Ski
The Salomon QST 106 Ski has become one of our all-mountain staples for enjoying deep powdery mornings followed by firmer packed-powder conditions in the afternoon. Its 106mm waist is paired with tip and tail rocker for floating through knee-deep snow with ease. The medium-length turn radius allows for a balanced feel that’s comfortable with short turns in tight trees, or you can size up to a longer length for increased stability at eye-watering speeds.
Salomon implements a poplar wood core in this ski with carbon and titanal laminates. The carbon laminate effectively supplies stiffness to the ski core at a fraction of the weight that other materials are able to achieve, making this ski a great option for a ski that’s used both in the resort and in the backcountry. It leans toward the freeride side of things, however, thanks to the titanal insert that dramatically improves the skis damping in mixed conditions, as well as reactivity. One of the most unique features in the QST line is the cork inserts used in the tip and tail that supply confidence-inspiring stability by eliminating tip and tail chatter.
- Midweight all-mountain ski suited for resort days and occasional tours
- 106mm waist is versatile for anything from groomers to off-piste pow
- Tip and tail rocker with camber underfoot for float and responsiveness
- Poplar wood core with dual laminates provides a relatively stiff flex
- Sandwich sidewall construction is designed to take a beating
- Balanced turn radius skis equally well in tight trees or open faces
- Length: 167, 174, 181, 188cm
- Dimensions: [167cm] 137 / 106 / 123mm, [174cm] 138 / 106 / 124mm, [181cm] 139 / 106 / 125mm, [188cm] 140 / 106 / 126mm
- Turn Radius: [167cm] 17m, [174cm] 18m, [181cm] 19m, [188cm] 20m
- Profile: rocker / camber / rocker
- Construction: sandwich
- Core: poplar
- Laminate: carbon, titanal
- Edge: steel
- Base: sintered
- Tail: partial twin
- Claimed Weight: [pair, 181cm] 9lb 2.7oz (4160g)
- Activity: all-mountain skiing, backcountry skiing, freeride skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years
There are no reviews yet.